Did the new year bring you a sense of renewed ambition or commitment to taking the next step in your career? Are you looking to get ahead in your career but are unsure of how to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd? Are you wondering if you should pay a professional to write your resume?
The right professional resume writing service can help you make the switch from feeling overwhelmed and directionless to becoming proactive, confident, and on-trend in your hunt for your next management role. Let’s take a closer look at what professional resume writers can do and how they can help you increase your chances of success in winning interviews and ultimately your next role.
The Benefits of Professional Resume Writing Services
The right professional resume writer can provide a number of benefits for job seekers who want to climb to the top of their respective fields, including:
- Insight into how your experience should be documented and presented in order to make the most impact on potential employers.
- Knowledge of latest trends in recruiting and resume writing to produce a portfolio of up-to-date job search documents that are current to industry standards.
- Assurance your resume is properly formatted so that you don’t run into any errors that could potentially hurt or stall your chances of getting hired.
What Do Professional Resume Writers Do?
Professional Resume Writers + resume writing services have sprung up all over the internet with some offering a basic resume for $25 and a 24-hour turnaround time and others offering VIP services for $5,000+. Here’s the difference:
- Lower priced service providers are known for using templates as they churn out multiple documents per day, so your resume will look like hundreds of other job seekers who used their services.
- A true professional resume writer that is dedicated to your success will work with you one-on-one to create a customized document that showcases your relevant experience, education, skills, and achievements. They will focus on highlighting those experiences that are most likely to resonate with potential employers, while also formatting the document in an engaging and attractive way.
Additionally, the true pro will integrate keywords throughout your portfolio of documents in order to maximize SEO performance.
What Training + Certifications Do Professional Resume Writers Have?
Although there is no formal requirement for a resume writer to have training or certification, holding certification does demonstrate dedication to the craft and delivering career marketing documents that are current to modern standards.
Unfortunately, many individuals still believe that resume writing is merely recording job titles, dates, and responsibilities and there is a plethora of fast + cheap resume writing services out there that crank out resumes that are not aligned to modern standards and without regard for positioning the client for job search success. (Read more about how to avoid being scammed here.)
The bottom-line is look for a resume writer who will work with you + the writing chops and personal branding expertise to position you to take the next step in your career.
You cannot judge by price point alone. Resume writing services come in all price points. You can find low priced services that are happy to take your coin and return your original document dumped into a new template and higher priced packages that are nothing more than a fancier design and a list of bullet points under your title.
Today’s professional resume writers need to have the wordsmithing skills and personal branding expertise to help you stand out from others in your role/industry along with the knowledge of how to integrate keywords into your career marketing portfolio (resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile) that will help your findability and advance you through the hiring process, including ATS.
Certifications do you give you a level of confidence that your resume writer has an understanding of modern resume writing standards. You can find certified professional resume writers via Career Directors International, AcademyResumeWriters, National Resume Writers Association, and/or Professional Association of Resume Writers.
When Should You Hire a Professional Resume Writer?
If you are applying for jobs at higher levels or within competitive industries, then it is wise to consider hiring a professional resume writer. This is especially true if you feel like your current resume needs some sprucing up or updating in order for it stand out from other applicants’ resumes. Are you —
- applying and not hearing back?
- applying at a higher level or within a competitive industry?
- desiring a promotion, but have no clue how to tell your career story?
- unsure of how to position yourself as “the candidate” of choice for the role you are pursuing?
- confused by all of the job search advice?
A professional writer will work with you and leverage their knowledge of how to craft an eye-catching document that contains all the necessary information required by potential employers while presenting it in an attractive package that captures attention quickly.
If you’re looking for ways to get ahead in your career and make sure that your resume stands out from other applicants’, then hiring a professional resume writer may be just what you need! A pro writer understands exactly what employers are looking for when reviewing resumes and knows precisely how best present those qualifications, so they shine through clearly and effectively. With their help, you can ensure your career experience is properly documented and accurately showcased which may just give you the edge needed over other applicants vying for the same position!
Need help? Contact us today to learn more about our professional resume writing service!
Leave A Comment