A value proposition is a brief statement that briefly outlines what you have to offer your next employer and the unique benefits you can provide them. Likewise, a value proposition letter is a document that Mid-Management job seekers can use to sell themselves to potential employers or as a networking document that will help open doors to opportunities. A well-written value proposition letter is similar to a cover letter, but it is laser-focused and can help you secure your next mid-management role faster.
What Is a Value Proposition Letter
A value proposition letter highlights why you are the best candidate for the role in 150 words or less. A cover letter takes a more in-depth look at your skills and experience and is sent with your resume, a value proposition letter (VPL) is a standalone document that gives the recipient a brief snapshot of your ability to provide solutions in alignment with an employer’s/industry’s specific challenges.
How to Use a VPL
VPLs are conversation starters and are sent directly to decision makers and recruiters. A value proposition letter is a conversation starter, so keep it brief and focused on your ability to deliver bottom-line results.
- Send with your resume when a posting does not specifically request a cover letter.
- Send it to individuals in your network to unearth hidden opportunities.
Keys to Writing a Value-Packed Letter
VPLs are 150 words packed with strong words and phrases.
- Use bold typeface to draw attention to key areas of interest.
VPLs always start with a strong opening sentence that will help attract the reader’s attention.
- Do you need help creating a resume that will get you noticed in today’s competitive job market?
VPLs are focused on your most relevant qualifications and how they will benefit the employer.
- As an award-winning, Certified Master Resume Writer + Hidden Job Search Coach, I’ve helped mid-management professional + C-suite executives avoid common job search mistakes and step into their next role faster.
VPLs use specific examples and data points whenever possible to illustrate your impact.
- Two decades of experience helping clients increase their chances of securing interviews, clearly and concisely articulating the candidate’s unique value proposition, work history, and accomplishments.
VPLs end with a call to action.
- If you would like to achieve similar results, give me a call!
By following the above tips, you can craft a value-packed letter that will help you stand out from the competition and land the mid-management job of your dreams!
Need help positioning yourself for your next role? I’m here for you. With more than 20 years of experience helping Directors of Manufacturing, Cyber Security Managers, Account Managers, Audit, Risk, & Compliance Managers, VP of Colleague Experience, HR Managers and and other mid- and senior-level professionals just like you make a great first impression. We can guide you through the process of creating an amazing resume that will open doors!
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help!