Is it one page? Two, three or more pages? Does it open with an objective or summary statement? Does it tell the reader what you do on a day-to-day basis or highlight your skills and abilities?
If you are engaged in a job search or thinking about starting one, you need a resume that works for you. One that presents you as “the candidate” for the job.
A high performance resume should include –
* Accurate contact information – Double check your phone and email. It is easy to transpose a number or type in the wrong letter.
* Professional email address – one that is appropriate for a job search.
* What value do you bring? – Fold your resume in half. What do you see? If it is something like “to obtain a position that will allow me to use my skills and abilities and further the company.” Start over. Your resume should focus on what you offer an employer rather than what you want from an employer.
* Results rather than daily tasks / responsibilities – Share your accomplishments! Quantify by using percentages, numbers, dollar amounts.
* Accurate phrases – use the correct words / phrases (ensure smooth flow of business rather than insure smooth flow of business) read, read and read again to ensure your document is error-free!
* Content that is focused. Leave off “Resume of”, References Available by Request. These are space wasters. Use information that directly relates to the position you are seeking and leave off the rest.
Confusing? Yes, it can be but there are certified professional resume writers that can and will help. With over 15 years’ experience, Breakthrough Resume Writing Service is focused on helping people from all industries with the development of keyword and content rich documents that are unique, focused and positions the job seeker as “the candidate” for the job.
Become a satisfied client by making one of the best investments a job seeker can make –
“Everything looks great, Tammy. I thank God for you. You have blessed us enormously.” Jim – Senior Pastor
“Perfect Tammy. Thank you so much. I love the outcome. Let’s hope HR loves it too :)” Diane – Marketing
“You passed the test! I love what you have done with my resume!” Thomas – Sales
If you have questions or need help, Breakthrough Resume Writing Service is a virtual (online) business that offers assistance to people from around the globe. From the privacy of your own home, you can contact Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author:
Tammy Shoup, Executive Director and Head Writer of Breakthrough Résumés, is among a small number of professional résumé writers in the U.S. who has earned the title of Certified Professional Résumé Writer from the Professional Association of Résumé Writers / Career Coaches.
Shoup is also a member of the National Résumé Writers’ Association and Career Directors International. Her activity in both organizations ensures that her knowledge of industry and employment trends remains current. It also indicates her dedication to continuing education in her industry. Her work is published in both JIST and Barron’s career books. Please review Shoup’s information at www.breakthroughrésumés.com or www.tammyshoup.com or inquire directly to Tammy Shoup at email@example.com
Wishing you the best in your job search campaign! †
#jobseekers #church #pastor #resume